LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE – MEDICAL COMMITTEE ADVISORY ON SAFETY DURING MATCHES
The local organizing committee is committed to ensure safety and proper conduct of the match to minimize untoward incidents, individual medical events and mass casualty. We have prepared a 45 man complement of doctors, nurses, paramedics, physiotherapists and other specialists to take care of the whole medical and organizational infastructure as well as the spectators.
These personnel have been trained according to FIFA Standards of Safety Regulations as well as Football and Emergency Medicine. In this regard, we would like to assure the general public that their safety is of our utmost concern. In that regard, certain aspects of safety would also involve the active participation of the viewing public with regards to spectator behavior and individual care to ensure the enjoyment of the match from a medical standpoint.
The folllowing regulations contain the safety measures that the PFF Local organizing Committee (LOC) provide to help prevent crowd disturbances and ensure a minimum of safety and order within the confines and vicinity of the stadium.The regulations also detail the structural, technical, organisational and operational measures that must be carried out when a football match is hosted in a stadium.
INDIVIDUAL SPECTATOR BEHAVIOR AND SAFETY MEASURES:
-Upon Entry to the stadium, Kindly be patient with the security checks. The entry security checks shall verify the following:
• Possession of a valid ticket to gain access to the stadium
• That the person is not in possession of weapons or any other dangerous objects that may not, for legal reasons, be taken into the stadium, including aggressive or inciting banners and lasers;
• That the person is not in possession of any alcoholic beverages;
• That the person is not under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicating substances.
-Individual Personal Care During the Match:
· Pls. be prepared for both Rain and Hot and humid conditions; caps, light raingear are adequate.
· You may bring a very small personal safety kit which may contain: a small towel , moist wipes, hand sanitizers.
· Pls. ensure adequate personal hydration (i.e. water, drinks) during the match.
· Pls. take care of personal hygiene concerns prior to kick-off to minimize crowd foot traffic during the match.
· There will be a complement of FIRST –AID RESPONDERS dressed in WHITE BIBS with a RED CROSS. There are 2 first-aiders per stadium section and exit. Should you need any personal medical care, these persons are equipped to render first aid (i.e. basic cuts, wounds, dehydration, fainting, hypoglycemia etc.). In the event of a serious medical event, they have been instructed to Radio Ground Medical staff to coordinate Ambulances and Resuscitative equipment located near the Ninoy Aquino and PATAFA exits. (Pls. see attached Medical layout)
· There is a MEDICAL ROOM within the stadium. Kindly approach the first-aiders assigned to your stadium should you have any serious medical concerns.
-Individual Behaviour During Matches
· provocative and aggressive actions are not encouraged
· The match organisers guarantee in cooperation with the local security authorities that, in the stadium or its immediate vicinity,
that supporters do not act in a provocative or aggressive manner. This includes, for example, unacceptable levels of verbal provocation or aggression towards players, match officials or opposing fans, racist behaviour and banners and flags that bear provocative or aggressive slogans.
CROWD EVACUATION in the event of a MASS CASUALTY EVENT
Mass casualty events are untoward events stemming from structural (i.e. stadium), behavioral (i.e. crowd control) and medical events which involve a significant number of the general public. In the event that such an event takes place, the provisions mentioned in this article will help ensure safety and proper crowd flow.
- Prior to match day, kindly take time to be familiar with stadium exit routes and crowd control flows (usually towards the Vito Cruz gate)
- There will be emergency access points to the field of play in the event of a mass casualty.
- Pls. be familiar with evacuation routes and a slow, controlled exit is highly encouraged.
- Pls. be wary of emergency vehicle/ aambulance passage lanes at the Ninoy Aquino Stadium exit and the Adriatico exit fronting PATAFA services.
- Pls. be very attentive to Stadium Announcements concerning Individual Safety, Crowd Behavior and Evacuation Routes as appropriate.
The game can be made more enjoyable and memorable if there are no medical events prior to, during and after the course of the match. You are ultimately responsible for your own individual personal health. If you are at any personal medical risk (ie. Cardiac events, stroke, hypoglycemia) kindly inform the first-aider assigned at your station.
Pls. do take time to read the above safety provisions to ensure an adequate spectator experience. Thank you very much.
FROM the LOC MEDICAL COMMITTEE
(sgd.) Edwin Mercado, MD, FPOA
Randy M.Molo, MD, FPOA